This topic describes how to enable the per-second monitoring feature for an elastic IP address (EIP). This feature allows you to ship logs that contain monitoring data to Log Service.
- An EIP is created. For more information, see Apply for new EIPs.
- A Log Service project and Logstore are created in the region where the EIP resides. For more information, see Step 1: Create a project and a Logstore.
- Log Service is authorized to access Alibaba Cloud resources. For more information, see Authorize VPC to access Log Service resources and Authorize Log Service to access other cloud resources.
- The preceding operation is required only when you enable the feature for the first time.
- If you use a Resource Access Management (RAM) user, you must use an Alibaba Cloud account to authorize the RAM user.
- You must not revoke or delete the required RAM roles. Otherwise, EIP logs cannot be sent to Log Service.
- Log on to the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the EIP resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Find the required EIP and click Enable Per-second Monitoring.
- In the Log Settings dialog box, select a log project and a Logstore from the drop-down lists, and click OK.