This topic shows you how to select an appropriate instance edition by using the specification evaluation feature of Message Queue for Apache Kafka when you migrate a self-managed Apache Kafka cluster to Message Queue for Apache Kafka.
To evaluate the specifications, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console.
- In the Resource Distribution section of the Overview page, select the region where your instance resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Migration.
- On the Migration page, click Evaluate Specifications.
- In the Evaluate Specifications panel, enter the specification information about the self-managed Apache Kafka cluster and click OK.
After The recommended instance specifications are obtained., the instance specifications recommended by the system appear in the Evaluate Specifications panel.For more information about Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance editions, see Instance specifications.