The System Settings page in the Bastionhost console provides a network issue diagnostics feature that allows you to check the connectivity between Bastionhost and specific host ports. You can use this feature to confirm the network accessibility and perform O&M operations more efficiently. This topic describes how to use the network issue diagnostics feature.
The network issue diagnostics feature can detect the connectivity of IPv4 addresses and domain names.
- Find your bastion host and click Manage. For more information, see Log on to Bastionhost.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click System Settings.
- On the System Settings page, click the Network Diagnosis tab.
- Specify Target IP Address and Port.
- Click Test Connection.If the connectivity test is successful, the message The network is connected. appears. If the connectivity test fails, the message The network is disconnected. appears. In this case, you must handle the network connection exception. For more information, see Handle network connection exceptions.
Handle network connection exceptions
If a connectivity test fails, check the following items to identify the cause:
- Check whether the security group rules allow access from Bastionhost to the specific host port.
- Check whether a cloud firewall is deployed for the specific host and whether policies that allow access from Bastionhost to the specific host port are configured.
- Check whether a local firewall is deployed for the specific host and whether policies that allow access from Bastionhost to the specific host port are configured.