alicloud-monitor-controller is a system component provided by Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) to integrate with Cloud Monitor. When an application is created, modified, or deleted, alicloud-monitor-controller automatically updates the metadata to Cloud Monitor. This allows you to monitor containers provisioned for an application. In addition, alicloud-monitor-controller provides alert settings. Developers can use this feature in the Cloud Monitor console.
- Supports metadata collection from an ACK cluster where both nodes that run Windows and nodes that run Linux are deployed.
- Supports scaling periods of 15 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, and 60 seconds.
- Fixes the issue where Horizontal Pod Autoscaler (HPA) is activated during rolling updates of applications.
No application group is found in the Cloud Monitor console
- Check whether the pod where alicloud-monitor-controller is deployed runs properly in the kube-system namespace.
- Check whether alicloud-monitor-controller is upgrade to the latest version. We recommend that you upgrade it to the latest version.
- Check the logs of alicloud-monitor-controller for issues such as connection timeouts and SDK errors.
If no error is found after you have performed the preceding checks, use the following ticket template to submit a ticket.
- Is alicloud-monitor-controller upgraded to the latest version?
- Are SDK errors or connection timeouts found in the logs of alicloud-monitor-controller?
If one of the preceding errors is found, delete the pod.
No application group is found in the Cloud Monitor console after the pod is restarted.
- Provide a complete log file of alicloud-monitor-controller in the ticket.
Upload a compressed package of the log file.
No data is found in the application group in the Cloud Monitor console
Perform the following checks:
- If the instance name is not the same as the pod name, perform the checks described in the preceding section.
- If the instance name is the same as the pod name, check whether the pod where the
metrics-server component is deployed is running properly. You must also check whether
logs can be printed properly. If the
Successful write 164190 bytes metrics to monitor servermessage is found in log file, this indicates that the log can be printed properly.
If no error is found after you perform the preceding checks, use the following ticket template to submit a ticket.
- Is the name of the instance in the application group the same as that of the pod where
alicloud-monitor-controller is deployed?
- Can the logs of metrics-server in the kube-system namespace be printed properly?
- Provide the cluster ID, the name of the application, and the name of the pod in the ticket.