The wide table engine of ApsaraDB for Lindorm is designed to store large amounts of semi-structured and structured data in distributed storage. It is designed to be able to store a wide range of data, such as metadata, orders, bills, profiles, social networking information, feed streams, and logs. The engine is compatible with open source standard APIs such as HBase, Phoenix (SQL), and Cassandra. The engine supports hundreds of trillions of rows in a single table, tens of millions of concurrent query requests per second, response to queries in milliseconds, and disaster recovery that ensures strong consistency across data centers. The engine can meet the large storage and query demands of large business.
ApsaraDB for Lindorm uses technologies such as cost-effective high-density storage media, intelligent separation of cold and hot data, adaptive coding, and a compression algorithm that provides high compression ratios. The cost of storing large amounts of data on ApsaraDB for Lindorm is 20% of that of storing the same volume of data on a self-managed database.
- Cloud native elasticity
In the serverless architecture of ApsaraDB for Lindorm, storage is decoupled from computing. This allows ApsaraDB for Lindorm to support instant resource scaling for data computing and storage on demand.
- Enterprise-grade stability
ApsaraDB for Lindorm is built on a high availability architecture and provides enterprise-grade stability. This architecture has been tested by the production environment of Alibaba Group for more than 10 years and has proven reliability.
- Rich ecosystems
ApsaraDB for Lindorm is compatible with open source standard APIs such as HBase, Phoenix (SQL) and Cassandra (CQL). ApsaraDB for Lindorm can also connect to computing engines such as Spark and Flink. This ensures a seamless connection between ApsaraDB for Lindorm and mainstream data ecosystems.
- Big data: stores and analyzes large amounts of data
- Advertising: stores large amounts of advertising and marketing data in real time
- Finance and retail: stores transaction records and risk control data in real time
- Internet of Vehicles (IoV): stores and processes vehicle trajectory and status data in an efficient manner
- Online social networking: stores feeds in an efficient and stable manner
- Access ApsaraDB for Lindorm by using the HBase API. This method is suitable for applications that are developed based on HBase.
- Access ApsaraDB for Lindorm by using the Cassandra Query Language (CQL). This method is suitable for scenarios in which you need to develop a relational database.
- Access ApsaraDB for Lindorm by using Phoenix SQL based on SQL-92. This method is suitable for scenarios that require lightweight analysis.
- You can access a wide table of ApsaraDB for Lindorm from multiple APIs at the same time. You can use one of the preceding methods to access the same data table.