This topic describes how to create a Classic Load Balancer (CLB) instance that supports PrivateLink. The CLB instance serves as a service resource for an endpoint service.
- PrivateLink is available for use in only specific regions. For more information, see Regions and zones that support PrivateLink.
- The network environment is prepared. For more information, see Make preparations.
- The CLB instance that supports PrivateLink must meet the following requirements.
Parameter Description Billing Method Pay-As-You-Go Region and Zone The region and zone to which the CLB instance belongs must support PrivateLink. For more information, see Regions and zones that support PrivateLink. Backup Zone The secondary zone to which the CLB instance belongs must support PrivateLink. For more information, see Regions and zones that support PrivateLink. Instance Type Internal Network Network Type VPC
- Log on to the SLB console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Instances page, click Create Instance.
- On the buy page, set the following parameters to create a CLB instance.
Parameter Description Billing Method Select a billing method for the CLB instance. In this example, Pay-As-You-Go is selected.Note Only CLB instances that are billed on a pay-as-you-go basis support PrivateLink. Region and Zone Select the region and zone where you want to deploy the CLB instance. Make sure that the CLB instance and the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances to be added to the CLB instance are deployed in the same region. Zone Type Displays the type of zone that belongs to the specified region. A zone represents a data center that contains a set of independent infrastructure resources. The infrastructure resources (such as networks, power supply, and air-conditioning) in different zones are independent of each other. Therefore, when the infrastructure resources in one zone are down, the other zones are not affected. Each zone belongs to a specific region. A region may contain one or more zones. Multi-zone CLB instances are available in most regions.
- Single zone: The CLB instance is deployed in only one zone.
- Multi-zone: The CLB instance is deployed across two zones. The primary zone is used to distribute network traffic by default. When the primary zone is down, the system automatically switches to the secondary zone and continues to provide load balancing services. This ensures high availability.
Backup Zone Select the secondary zone of the CLB instance. By default, the secondary zone is used to distribute traffic only when the primary zone is down. Instance Name Enter a name for the CLB instance.
The name must be 1 to 80 characters in length, and can contain letters and Chinese characters, digits, hyphens (-), forward slashes (/), periods (.), and underscores (_).
LoadBalancerSpec Select a specification for the CLB instance.
CLB instances with different specifications provide different features. For more information, see SLB instance overview.
Instance Type You can create an Internet-facing CLB instance or an internal-facing CLB instance to meet your business requirements. The system allocates a public or private IP address to the CLB instance based on the specified instance type. For more information, see SLB instance overview.
In this example, Internal network is selected.Note Only Internal network CLB instances support the PrivateLink service.
- Public network: If you select this option, the system allocates a public IP address to the CLB instance. You can access the CLB service over the Internet.
- Internal network: If you select this option, the system allocates a private IP address to the CLB instance. You can access the CLB service only within networks of Alibaba Cloud. You cannot access the CLB service over the Internet.
Network Type Select the type of network where you want to deploy the CLB instance.
In this example, VPC is selected.
VPC Select the VPC and vSwitch to which the CLB instance belongs. IP Version Select an IP version for the CLB instance.
In this example, IPv4 is selected.
Features Select the service that the CLB instance supports.
In this example, Support PrivateLink is selected.
Billing Method Select a billing method for the CLB Instance. Quantity Specify the number of CLB instances that you want to purchase. Resource Group Select the resource group to which the CLB instance belongs.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.