This topic describes how to use CloudMonitor to configure alert rules on the disk usage of a cluster in the reserved mode. For example, you can configure the following alert rule: If the disk usage is equal to or greater than 90%, the system blocks data write requests and processes data read requests only.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for MySQL console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the target cluster resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the V3.0 Clusters tab, click the target Cluster ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Monitoring Information.
- On the Monitoring Information page, click Alert Rule Settings. You are redirected to the CloudMonitor console.
On the Monitoring Information page, you can click the Cluster Monitor or Table Monitor tab to view related monitoring information.
In the reserved mode, the disk usage is displayed as a percentage. In the elastic mode where disk monitoring is not required, the used disk space is displayed.
- Reserved modeNote The maximum disk usage indicates the highest disk usage among all nodes in the cluster. If the value is equal to or greater than 90%, the disk is locked. We recommend that you pay special attention to this metric.
- Elastic modeNote In the elastic mode, data is stored in a hard disk drive (HDD). The HDD is automatically extended to avoid being locked due to an insufficient storage capacity. The Cluster Monitoring tab displays the actual amount of stored data. Therefore, you do not need to configure alert rules to monitor the disk usage in this mode.
- Reserved mode
- On the Threshold Value Alarm tab of the Alarm Rules page, click Create Alarm Rule.
- In the Create Alarm Rule dialog box, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Product The name of the service for which you want to set the alert rule. Select AnalyticDB for mysql 3.0. Resource Range Select Cluster or All Resources to apply the alert rule.
- All Resources: The alert rule applies to all your instances of the specified service. For example, if you set Resource Range to All Resources for a rule that triggers an alert if the disk usage of an AnalyticDB for MySQL V3.0 cluster is equal to or greater than 90%, this alert rule applies to all AnalyticDB for MySQL V3.0 clusters under your account. Each alert rule applies to a maximum of 1,000 resources of the specified service. If more than 1,000 resources of the specified service are created under your account, the system may not generate an alert when the rule conditions are met. We recommend that you classify resources of the same service into different application groups based on your business requirements before you set the alert rule.
- Cluster: The alert rule applies to a specified cluster only. Assume that you set Resource Range to Cluster for a rule that triggers an alert if the disk usage of a cluster is equal to or greater than 90%. An alert is triggered only if the disk usage of the specified cluster is equal to or greater than 90%.
Alarm Rule Enter the name of the alert rule. Rule Description Enter the content of the alert rule. This parameter defines the alert trigger conditions. For example, if you define a rule that triggers alerts if the average disk usage in the last five minutes is greater than or equal to 90%, the system checks whether the trigger condition is met once every five minutes. Mute for Set the period during which an alert is muted. This parameter specifies the interval at which an alert notification is sent to alert contacts if the alert is not cleared. Effective Period Set the period during which the alert rule is effective. The system monitors the metrics and generates alerts only if the alert rule is effective. Notification Contact Specify the contact groups to which alert notifications are sent. Notification Methods
Email + DingTalk (Info)
Email Remark Enter the additional information that you want to include in the alert notification email. HTTP CallBack Enter a URL that can be accessed from the Internet. CloudMonitor uses a POST request to send an alert notification to this URL. Only the HTTP protocol is supported.
- After you configure the preceding parameters, click Confirm.