You can change the billing method of a PolarDB cluster from subscription to pay-as-you-go based on your business requirements.
- Your cluster is in the Running state.
- Your cluster is not in the progress of a temporary upgrade.
- Make sure that your account balance is sufficient to prevent service downtime that is caused by overdue payments after you switch the billing method to pay-as-you-go.
After you change the billing method of the cluster from subscription to pay-as-you-go, a subscription refund is returned to your original payment account.
Refund = (Number of remaining days/Total days) × Order cash amount
- The order cash amount indicates the actual paid cash amount that excludes vouchers and coupons.
- You are not charged for service fees when you change the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
The operations in this topic do not affect the running of clusters.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the cluster resides.
- Find the cluster for which you want to change the billing method and choose Actions column.
- On the Switch to Pay-as-you-go page, confirm the cluster information, read and accept the terms of service, and then click Buy Now.
- The new billing method takes effect after you pay for the order.
- If the order is unpaid or the payment fails, an unfinished order appears on the Orders page. You cannot purchase a new cluster or change the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go before you complete the payment. In this case, you must pay for or cancel the order.