You can create scaling groups in Auto Scaling and use these scaling groups to automatically create instances with specific tags. Then, you can configure application group rules in CloudMonitor based on the tags. This way, the instances are automatically added to different application groups based on the rules. This facilitates centralized operations and maintenance (O&M) of the instances. This strategy has the following characteristics: automatic addition of instances to application groups, high availability of auto scaling, and automated O&M.
- CloudMonitor can automatically group the resources of the following Alibaba Cloud services: Elastic Compute Service (ECS), ApsaraDB RDS, and Server Load Balancer (SLB). For ECS, only instances can be grouped. Other resources, such as network interface controllers (NICs) and disks, are not supported.
- In this topic, an ECS instance that is automatically created in a scaling group is
used. The tag
team:devis added to the ECS instance.
Step 1: Create an ECS instance to which a tag is added in Auto Scaling
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- Create a scaling group. For more information, see Create a scaling group. Specify Multi-zone Scaling Policy based on your business requirements to achieve high-availability auto scaling.
- Create a scaling configuration, create an ECS instance, and then add the
team:devtag to the ECS instance. For more information, see Create a scaling configuration.
- On the Scaling Groups page, find the scaling group that you created and click its
ID. On the page that appears, click the Instances tab. On the Instances tab, view the ECS instance that is automatically created in
the scaling group.
Step 2: Create a CloudMonitor application group
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- Create an application group. For more information, see Create an application group. You must specify Creation method and Match Rule based on the following instructions:
- Creation method: Select Smart tag synchronization creation.
- Match Rule: Set Resource Tag Key to
teamand specify Tag Value based on your business requirements. In this example, Contain and
- On the Application grouping tab of the Application Groups page, select Resource tags and enter the tag key
teamin the search box to search for the application group that you created.
- Click the name of your application group and view the resources in the group. The ECS instance that is automatically created in the scaling group is automatically added to the application group.
You can also view the monitoring data of the ECS instance. For more information, see Overview.