Data services are designed to build a uniform data service bus to help enterprises increase the value of their data assets as well as guarantee data reliability, security, and effectiveness. Data services are applicable to the following scenarios:
- Provide data externally at the minimum necessary unit: When an enterprise needs to provide its business data externally, API operations can be defined to provide data at the row level based on filter conditions in SQL statements, and also at the column level based on specific fields. Compared with providing a whole table, this exposes the smallest unit of data and ensures data security.
- Provide data for visualization tools: Most visualization tools support obtaining data from data sources by calling API operations. Instead of using a username and a password to connect a visualization tool to your database, you can provide data for a visualization tool by calling API operations in the tool. This is an easier way of data sourcing and avoids account exposure.
- Provide processed data for applications: After data is processed and summarized by using a data development tool, API operations can be defined and provided for applications to read and use processed data. If the logic of data reading needs to be modified, users only need to modify the query logic for the corresponding API operation and do not need to republish the application.
API Gateway can integrate with the following Alibaba Cloud services to provide data services:
- Big data service: DataWorks. For information about how to use API operations in the DataWorks console, see DataService studio overview.
- Big data service: Dataphin. For information about how to use API operations in the Dataphin console, see Data services.
- Database service: Data Management Service (DMS). For information about how to use API operations in the DMS console, see DataService StudioData API.