When an application calls services, the service providers of the same zone are first called. In Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS), you can enable the Intra-zone Provider First feature only for High-speed Service Framework (HSF) applications that are deployed on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) clusters.
If an application is deployed in multiple zones, the application may call an application that is deployed in a different zone. For example, Application A in Zone 1 calls Application B in Zone 2, as shown in the following figure. In this case, a network delay occurs and the HTTP response time is increased.
If you enable the Intra-zone Provider First feature for Application A, you can call the service providers of the same zone, as shown in the following figure. This way, the network delay is eliminated and the HTTP response time is decreased.
- You can enable the Intra-zone Provider First feature only for HSF applications that are deployed on ECS clusters. The runtime environment of the application must be upgraded to EDAS-Container 3.6.0.
- The Intra-zone Provider First feature can be enabled only when the number of provider nodes in a zone accounts for more than 20% of the total number of nodes.
- If no service provider is deployed in a zone, service providers in other zones are called.
Enable the Intra-zone Provider First feature
To enable the Intra-zone Provider First feature, you can enable Intra-zone Provider First on the application details page of the service provider.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Applications. Select a region in the top navigation bar and a namespace in the upper part of the page. On the Applications page, click the name of an HSF application deployed on the ECS cluster.
- In the Application Settings section of the Basic Information page, enable Intra-zone Provider First.
After this feature is enabled for the application, service providers of the same zone are called first when other applications call the application.