This topic describes how to use an Alibaba Cloud account to activate fully managed Flink and what you need to take note of when you activate it.
- You have an Alibaba Cloud account. If you do not have an Alibaba Cloud account, create one.
- The fully managed Flink service uses an architecture where computing is decoupled from storage. The service needs to use Object Storage Service (OSS) to store information, such as the uploaded JAR files, the logs of Flink jobs, and the savepoints or checkpoints that are generated in Flink jobs. If you have not activated OSS, activate it first. For more information, see Activate OSS.
- When you activate pay-as-you-go services, make sure that your Alibaba Cloud account has a balance of at least USD 100 or the equivalent value in vouchers or coupons.
Note Server Load Balancer (SLB) and Application Real-Time Monitoring Service (ARMS) are automatically activated when you activate fully managed Flink. In addition, you need to activate Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and OSS. For more information about the billing standards of the involved cloud services, see Pricing.
- Log on to the Realtime Compute for Apache Flink console.
- Click Purchase below Fully Managed Flink.
- On the Authorization Request page, click Authorize in RAM.
- On the Cloud Resource Access Authorization page, click Confirm Authorization Policy at the bottom of the page.Note By default, the AliyunStreamAsiDefaultRole role is selected.
- On the buy page, enter the configuration information.
Category Configuration item Description Basic Configurations Billing Method The Subscription and Pay-as-you-go billing methods are supported. Duration You need to specify this parameter only when the Subscription billing method is used. Auto-renewal You need to specify this parameter only when the Subscription billing method is used. After the auto-renewal feature is enabled, you can modify the renewal policy in Renewal Management in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console in the future. Region SingaporeNote We recommend that you select the same region as the upstream and downstream storage. ZoneNote We recommend that you select the same zone as the upstream and downstream storage. Network Configurations VPCNote We recommend that you select the same VPC as the upstream and downstream storage. vSwitch An IP address is assigned to each Task Manager instance and each Job Manager instance of a Flink job. You can select one to five vSwitches to properly plan the CIDR blocks based on the scale of Flink jobs. Workspace Configurations Workspace Name The name must be 1 to 60 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, and hyphens (-). It must start with a letter.Note
- Workspace names within the same Alibaba Cloud account are unique. Do not enter a duplicate name. Otherwise, the system prompts you to enter a name again.
- After the Fully Managed Flink service is activated, workspace names cannot be changed.
Computing Resource Quota You need to specify this parameter only when the Subscription billing method is used. Computing resources are billed based on this quota. Storage Configurations OSS Bucket The Fully Managed Flink service creates four directories in the bucket that you select to store different types of data:
- artifacts: The uploaded JAR files are stored in this directory.
- flink-jobs: The checkpoints of Flink jobs are stored in this directory.
- flink-savepoints: If you click Savepoint in the development console of Fully Managed Flink, the Savepoint operation is triggered and the final Savepoint file is stored in this directory.
- logs: If you set Log Template to OSS for your job, the logs of your job are stored in this directory.
- After the fully managed Flink service is activated, OSS Bucket cannot be changed.
- The OSS bucket must be in the same region as the Fully Managed Flink service.
- Click Confirm Order and pay for the order. Fully managed Flink is activated.Note
- After you complete the payment, click Console. Then, on the Fully Managed Flink tab, you can view the workspace that is being created. In general, the workspace can be created in 5 to 10 minutes after you complete the payment.
- After fully managed Flink is activated, you can log on to the Realtime Compute for Apache Flink console to view the console interface. For more information, see Introduction to the Realtime Compute for Apache Flink console. In addition, a project named Workspace name-default is generated by default after the workspace is created. You can develop jobs after you enter the project. Assume that you want to create other projects. For more information, see Manage projects.