Reserved instances deliver computing power in advance. Pay-as-you-go instances consume the computing power. A normalization factor indicates the performance level of an instance type and also the computing power. This topic describes how to view and download the normalization factor table.
Computing power of a reserved instance = Normalization factor of an instance type × Instance quantity.
- Evaluates whether the computing power is the same before and after you split or merge reserved instances.
- Evaluates the usage of a reserved instance when the size of a regional reserved instance is different from that of the matched pay-as-you-go instance.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the upper-right corner of the Reserved Instances page, click View Normalization Factor Table.
- View the normalization factor of each instance type.
You can view normalization factors by instance family. You can also click Download to save the normalization factor table to your computer for later use.