Short Message Service (SMS) allows you to send package balance warnings and threshold warnings to specified contacts by using text messages. This topic describes how to add contacts in the SMS console and specify the text messages that are sent to the contacts.
Take note of the following limits when you manage contacts:
- By default, only the contact of the current Alibaba Cloud account is included in the contact list. The contact automatically receives package balance warnings and threshold warnings. You can change the contact of the Alibaba Cloud account in the Account Management console.
- You can specify up to 10 contacts for each Alibaba Cloud account, including the default contact of the account.
- Log on to the SMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose System Setting> General Setting.
- On the Contact Management tab, click Add Contact.
- Set the information of the contact, and specify whether to send package balance warnings
and threshold warnings to the contact.
Parameter Description Name The name of the contact. Phone Number The 11-digit mobile phone number of the contact. Phone verification code Click Send Verification Code. A verification code is sent to the mobile phone number that you specified. Enter the code in the field. Email Address The email address of the contact. Email verification code Click Send Verification Code. A verification code is sent to the email address that you specified. Enter the code in the field. Package balance warning Specify whether to send package balance warnings to the specified mobile phone number. Threshold Setting Specify whether to send threshold warnings to the specified mobile phone number.
- Click OK.
The information of all the added contacts is displayed.
- Turn on or off the "Low package balance warning" or "SMS threshold warning" switch to specify the text messages that are sent to a contact.
- Click Edit to edit the basic information of a contact.
- Click Delete to delete a contact.