Short Message Service (SMS) allows you to send the data plan balance and message-sending threshold to specified contacts by using text messages. This topic describes how to add contacts in the Short Message Service console and configure the text messages that are sent to the contacts.
Take note of the following limits when you manage contacts:
- By default, only the contact of the current Alibaba Cloud account is included in the contact list. The contact automatically receives package balance warnings and threshold warnings. You can change the contact of the Alibaba Cloud account in the Account Management console.
- You can specify up to 10 contacts for each Alibaba Cloud account, including the default contact of the account.
- Log on to the Short Message Service console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose System Setting> General Setting.
- On the Contact Management tab, click Add Contact.
- Set the information of the contact, and specify whether to send package balance warnings
and threshold warnings to the contact.
Parameter Description Name The name of the contact. Mobile phone number The 11-digit mobile phone number of the contact. Phone verification code Click Send Verification Code. A verification code is sent to the mobile phone number that you specified. Enter the code in the field. Email address The email address of the contact. Email verification code Click Send Verification Code. A verification code is sent to the mobile phone number that you specified. Enter the code in the field. Package balance warning Specify whether the contact receives package balance warnings on their mobile phone. Threshold setting Specify whether to receive the SMS threshold warning.
- Click OK.
The information of the added contacts is displayed.
- Turn on or off the Low package balance warning switch or SMS threshold warning switch to specify the text messages that the contact receives.
- Click Edit to edit the basic information of a contact.
- Click Delete to delete a contact.