Short Message Service (SMS) allows you to send plan balance alerts and threshold-based alerts to specified contacts by using text messages. This topic describes how to add contacts in the SMS console and specify the text messages sent to the contacts.
Take note of the following limits when you manage contacts:
- By default, only the contact of the current Alibaba Cloud account is included in the contact list. The contact automatically receives plan balance alerts and threshold-based alerts. You can change the contact of the Alibaba Cloud account in the Account Management console.
- You can specify up to 10 contacts for each Alibaba Cloud account, including the default contact of the account.
- Log on to the SMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Contacts tab, click Add Contact.
- Set the information of the contact, and specify whether to send plan balance alerts and threshold-based alerts to the contact.
Parameter Description Name The name of the contact. Mobile Phone Number The 11-digit mobile phone number of the contact. Verification Code Click Send Verification Code. A verification code is sent to the mobile phone number that you specified. Enter the code in the field. Email Address The email address of the contact. Email Verification Code Click Send Verification Code. A verification code is sent to the email address that you specified. Enter the code in the field. Package Balance Alert Specify whether to send plan balance alerts to the specified mobile phone number. Delivery Volume Threshold Specify whether to send threshold-based alerts to the specified mobile phone number.
- Click OK.
The information of all the added contacts is displayed.
- Turn on or off the "Package Balance Alert" or "Delivery Volume Threshold" switch to specify the text messages sent to a contact.
- Click Edit to edit the basic information of a contact.
- Click Delete to delete a contact.