This topic describes how to switch an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX instance from the subscription billing method to the pay-as-you-go billing method based on your business requirements.
- Your RDS instance uses the subscription billing method. For more information about the billing methods of ApsaraDB RDS, see Pricing, billable items, and billing methods.
- Your RDS instance is in the Running state.
- Your RDS instance does not use a phased-out instance type. For more information, see Primary instance types. If your RDS instance uses a phased-out instance type, you must change the instance type before you change the billing method.
After you switch your RDS instance to the pay-as-you-go billing method, a refund is returned based on the payment method that is used.
Refund = Fee actually paid - Fee for consumed resources
- The fee actually paid is the money that you paid and does not include the part that is covered by coupons or vouchers.
- The fee for consumed resources is calculated based on the following formula: Fee for consumed resources = Daily subscription fee x Consumed subscription duration x Discount for the consumed subscription duration. The daily fee is equal to the order-specific subscription fee divided by 30.
Note The consumed subscription duration is accurate to the day. The part that is less than one day is counted as one day.
When you change the billing method, the workloads on your RDS instance run as normal.
- Log on to the RDS management console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the RDS instance on which you want to create a database resides.
- Find your RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the Status section of the page that appears, click Convert to Pay as you go.
- Confirm the instance configuration, read and select Terms of Service, click Pay Now, and then complete the payment.
|Change billing method||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|