A backup vault is a repository used by Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to store backup data in the cloud. You can create a remote mirror vault for a backup vault and back up data in the backup vault to the mirror vault to meet disaster recovery requirements. Data in a backup vault will be automatically copied to the mirror vault created for it.
Before you use a mirror vault, note the following points:
- You can create only one mirror vault for each backup vault.
- You can only back up data to a remote mirror vault and restore backup data from the mirror vault. You cannot create backup plans in the mirror vault. HBR starts to synchronize historical data in a source backup vault to a mirror vault 90 minutes after you create the mirror vault.
- A mirror vault contains all the backup data that is stored in the source backup vault when the mirror vault is created.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- Click Overview in the left-side navigation pane. On the Overview page, select a region, for example,
China (Hangzhou), in the Regions with Backup Vault section. Find the target backup vault for which you want to create a mirror vault
and click the icon in the upper-right corner of the backup vault.
- In the Create Mirror Vault pane that appears, select the region where the mirror vault resides, enter the name
of the mirror vault, and then click Create.
Note For disaster recovery, you cannot select the region where the source backup vault resides.You can view the data synchronization progress after you create a mirror vault. When the progress reaches 100%, all data in the source backup vault is synchronized to its mirror vault.If you want to delete a source backup vault, you must delete its mirror vault first. To delete a mirror vault, click the icon in the upper-right corner of the mirror vault.