ApsaraDB for ClickHouse is a cloud-hosted service for ClickHouse, an open source column-oriented database management system. ApsaraDB for ClickHouse allows you to purchase cloud resources and create ClickHouse clusters with ease.
Compared with open source ClickHouse, ApsaraDB for ClickHouse is more stable, secure, and maintainable. The architecture of ApsaraDB for ClickHouse is similar to that of open source ClickHouse.
All ApsaraDB for ClickHouse nodes have equal status with each other. Each node can compute and manage data, and process query and write requests.
Each ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster contains one or more shards. Each shard contains one or more replicas.
All ApsaraDB for ClickHouse nodes are deployed on Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances. At the underlying layer, ApsaraDB for ClickHouse nodes use highly reliable cloud disks as the permanent storage.
ClickHouse is a column-oriented database management system for online analytical processing (OLAP). It supports high-performance SQL queries, and is especially suitable for aggregate analysis and queries of wide tables. Compared with other analytical database management systems, ClickHouse provides a much faster speed in analysis and queries.
- High data compression ratio
- Multi-core parallel computing
- Vectorized computing engine
- Support for nested data structures
- Support for sparse indexes
- Support for data insertion and update
Official website of ClickHouse: https://clickhouse.yandex/
ClickHouse documentation: https://clickhouse.yandex/docs/en/
Feature enhancements of ApsaraDB for ClickHouse
- Enhanced security: provides features such as user management and whitelists.
- Graphical operations and maintenance (O&M): provides features such as version update and failover.
- Scalability: supports a variety of specifications and elastic scaling.
- Data ecology: supports convenient data synchronization and migration with other data sources in the cloud.