This topic describes how to add a user-created Hive data source. Only Quick BI Enterprise Standard and Quick BI Pro allow you to add user-created Hive data sources in group workspaces.
- You can access data sources directly or indirectly from an external network.
- A self-managed Hive database is created.
- The username and password that you use to access the Hive database are obtained.
- Click the Workspace tab. In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Sources.
- On the Data Sources page, click Create Data Source in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add Data Source dialog box, click the User-created Data Sources tab and then the Hive card.
- In the Add Hive Database dialog box, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Name The name of the data source. In this example, set the value to user-created data source Hive. Database Address The IP Address of the database that is used as the data source. Port Number The port that you use to access the database. Default value: 10000. Database The name of the database that you want to access. In this example, set the value to Hive. Username The username that you use to access the database. Password The password that you use to access the database. ssh Specify whether to access a data source over an SSH tunnel based on your business requirements. If you select ssh, configure the following parameters:
Note Only Quick BI Enterprise Standard allows you to access user-created data sources in group workspaces over SSH tunnels.
- SSH Host: the hostname or IP address of the SSH host.
- SSH Username: the username that you use to access the SSH host.
- SSH password: the password that you use to access the SSH host
- SSH Port Number: the port that you use to access the SSH host. Default value: 22.
- Click Test Connection to test connectivity with the database.
- After the database passes the connectivity test, click OK.