This topic describes how to add an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL data source.
- An ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL database is created.
Note Quick BI is compatible with MySQL 5.7 or earlier and MySQL 8.0.
- The username and password that are used to log on to the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL database are obtained.
- A whitelist is configured in the ApsaraDB RDS console to allow Quick BI to connect to the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL database. For more information, see Configure a whitelist.
- Choose .
- In the upper-right corner of the Data Sources page, click Create Data Source.
- In the Add Data Source dialog box, click the Cloud Data Sources tab. Then, click the MySQL card.
- In the Add MySQL Database dialog box, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Name The name of the data source. The name appears in the list of data sources. For example, enter cloud data source MySQL. Database Address The hostname or IP address of the database. Port Number The port number that is used to connect to the database. Default value: 3306. Database The name of the database to connect. For example, enter quickbi_test. Username The username that is used to log on to the database. For example, enter quickbi_test. Password The password that is used to log on to the database. Database version The version of the database. Valid values:
- Select 5.7. This specifies that Quick BI is compatible with MySQL 5.7 and earlier.
- Select 8.0. This specifies that Quick BI is compatible with MySQL 8.0.
VPC Data Source If you use a virtual private cloud (VPC) to connect Quick BI to the database, select VPC Data Source and configure the following parameters:
- AccessKey ID: the AccessKey ID that you used to purchase the instance on which the database is deployed.
- AccessKey Secret: the AccessKey secret that you used to purchase the instance.
- Instance ID: the ID of the instance.
- Region: the region in which the instance is deployed.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the data source can be connected.
- Click OK. If a data source that uses the same configuration exists, a message that indicates a configuration conflict appears. Do not repeatedly add a data source.