This topic describes how to connect a virtual node to an external cluster that is registered in Container Service for Kubernetes. After you perform this operation, you can use the virtual node to access pods on an Elastic Container Instance (ECI).
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the App Catalog page, click the Alibaba Cloud Apps tab and click ack-virtual-node.
- On the App Catalog - ack-virtual-node page, click the Parameters tab and set related parameters in the env section.
Parameter Description ALIYUN_CLUSTERID The ID of the external cluster. This parameter is automatically specified. ALIYUN_RESOURCEGROUP_ID The ID of the resource group. This parameter is optional. ECI_REGION The ID of the region where the ECI is deployed. This parameter is automatically specified. ECI_VSWITCH The ID of the VSwitch that is connected to the pods running on the ECI. ECI_SECURITY_GROUP The ID of the security group where pods on the ECI belong to. ECI_ACCESS_KEY The AccessKey ID, which is a credential used by the virtual node to access the ECI. ECI_SECRET_KEY The AccessKey secret, which is a credential used by the virtual node to access the ECI.
- In the Deploy section, select the target cluster and click Create.
Namespace and Release Name are set to the default values.