Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch provides a scenario-based configuration feature. This feature allows you to use the scenario-based templates that are provided by the system to modify the configurations of your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster. These templates help you achieve optimal cluster and index configurations and avoid cluster exceptions and performance issues that are caused by incorrect configurations. Before you use these templates, you must specify a scenario. General, data analysis, database acceleration, and search scenarios are supported. This topic describes how to use a scenario-based template to modify the configurations of a cluster.
- Different versions and types of clusters support different templates. The templates available in the console take precedence.
- Elasticsearch clusters of the Standard Edition support general, data analysis, database acceleration, and search scenarios. Whereas, Elasticsearch clusters of the Advanced Edition support only logging scenarios.
- The default index template is named aliyun_default_index_template. This template has a low order value and does not affect your custom index templates.
- The policy defined in the default index lifecycle template is named aliyun_default_ilm_policy. This policy is already applied to the aliyun_default_index_template.
- When you purchase a cluster, you can select a scenario on the buy page. The default
scenario for an Elasticsearch cluster of the Standard Edition is General and that
for an Elasticsearch cluster of the Advanced Edition is Logging. After a cluster is
purchased, the system automatically applies the configurations in related templates
to the cluster.
Notice If Scenario is None, you can enable it based on the following steps. After you enable Scenario, you must submit the template before it can apply to the cluster.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Elasticsearch Clusters. On the page that appears, find the target cluster and click its ID in the Cluster ID/Name column.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the page that appears, click Cluster Configuration.
- In the Scenario-based Configuration section, click Modify next to Scenario.
- In the Select Scenario dialog box, select a scenario from the Scenario drop-down list and click OK.Notice Modifications in the Scenario-based Configuration section take effect immediately without the need to restart your cluster.
- Use scenario-based templates to modify the configurations of your cluster.
- Dynamic Cluster Configuration: allows you to dynamically modify cluster configurations.
Dynamic Cluster Configuration functions the same as the
PUT /_cluster/settingscommand. For more information, see Cluster update settings.
- Index Template Configuration: defines the template that is automatically used only
when an index is created. Index Template Configuration functions the same as the
PUT _template/aliyun_default_index_templatecommand. The modification of the index template does not affect existing indexes. For more information, see Index Templates.
- Index Lifecycle Configuration: supports Elasticsearch 6.7.0 clusters of the Advanced
Edition. Index Lifecycle Configuration functions the same as
PUT _ilm/policy/aliyun_default_ilm_policycommand. For more information, see Setting up a new policy.
The following substeps demonstrate how to modify the configurations in an index template.
- Click Index Template Configuration.
- In the Index Template Configuration panel, click Apply.The following features are provided:
- Apply: applies the configurations in the Template section to the Current Configuration section. Then, you can modify the configurations.
- Compare: compares the configurations in the Current Configuration and Template sections. If no modifications are made, this feature is unavailable. During the comparison, you cannot modify configurations.
- Reset: restores the configurations in the Current Configuration section to the original values.
- In the Current Configuration section, modify the configurations as required.
- Click Compare.
- Click Cancel.
- Dynamic Cluster Configuration: allows you to dynamically modify cluster configurations. Dynamic Cluster Configuration functions the same as the
- Click Submit.After submission, the modifications take effect immediately for your cluster.