ApsaraDB for Redis allows you to manually restart or rebuild a proxy server. This way, you can perform real-time disaster recovery drills. You can also perform operations and maintenance (O&M) when the service is unavailable or a high latency occurs. This topic describes how to restart or rebuild a proxy server.
Proxy restart and rebuild may result in transient disconnections, which affect existing connections. Make sure that your applications can automatically reconnect to the proxy server. We recommend that you restart or rebuild a proxy server during off-peak hours.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- On the top of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the Instance ID of the instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Service Availability.
- In the Proxy Servers section, select the proxy servers that you want to manage and click Restart.
- In the pane that appears, select Restart Mode.
- Restart: restarts the proxy server.
- Rebuild Proxy: if the issue cannot be fixed after the restart, select this mode. The system will rebuild the proxy server.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK.