ApsaraDB for Redis supports manual hot upgrades of proxy servers. After you upgrade proxy servers, you can use the latest features. For example, you can view the audit logs of proxy servers. This topic describes how to upgrade proxy servers.
- A cluster instance or a read/write splitting instance is used. For more information, see Cluster master-replica instances or Read/write splitting instances.
- The instance is an ApsaraDB for Redis Community Edition instance or a performance-enhanced or hybrid-storage instance of ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair). For more information, see Performance-enhanced instances and Hybrid-storage instances.
View the minor version of proxy servers
You can view the minor version of proxy servers in the ApsaraDB for Redis console. For more information, see Update the minor version.
- Proxy servers support hot upgrades. Proxy servers of the new version can restore a connection based on the client connection information of the proxy servers of the earlier version. This ensures that upgrades do not interrupt services. However, a millisecond-level latency jitter may occur during the upgrades.
- The hot upgrades are valid only for normal connections. The execution of the block, transaction, Pub, and Sub commands is interrupted. Make sure that these commands support the reconnection mechanism.
- If a Redis client uses a private endpoint to connect to the ApsaraDB for Redis instance, no commands are affected by a proxy upgrade.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar of the page, select the region in which the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Service Availability.
- In the Proxy Servers section, click Upgrade Proxy. Note All proxy servers are upgraded at the same time. You cannot upgrade specified proxy servers.
- In the panel that appears, select the time when you want the upgrade to take effect.
- Immediate: immediately upgrades proxy servers.
- Maintenance Window: upgrades proxy servers within the specified maintenance window. For more information about how to modify the maintenance window of an instance, see Specify a maintenance window.
- Click OK.