ApsaraDB for Redis supports manual hot upgrades of proxy servers. After you upgrade a proxy server, you can use the latest features. For example, you can view the audit logs of the proxy server. This topic describes how to upgrade a proxy server.
- Proxy servers support hot upgrades. A proxy server of the new version can restore the connection based on the client connection information of the proxy server of the earlier version. This ensures uninterrupted connections. However, a millisecond-level latency jitter may occur during the upgrade.
- The hot upgrade is only valid for normal connections. The execution of the block, Transaction, Pub, and Sub commands will be interrupted. Make sure that these commands support the reconnection mechanism.
- If the Redis client uses a private endpoint to connect to the ApsaraDB for Redis instance, no commands are affected by a proxy upgrade.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- On the top of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the Instance ID of the instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Service Availability.
- In the Proxy Servers section, click Upgrade Proxy.
Note All proxy servers are upgraded at the same time. You cannot upgrade specified proxy servers.
- In the pane that appears, select the time when you want the upgrade to take effect.
- Immediate: Immediately upgrades the proxy server.
- Maintenance Window: upgrades the proxy server within the specified maintenance window. For more information, see Set a maintenance window.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK.