This topic describes how to specify an IP address used to remotely log on to the web console of a Smart Access Gateway (SAG) device. You must specify the IP address in the SAG console. Remote access allows you to log on to the web console through a secure internal connection.
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console.
- Use one of the following methods to open the Device Management tab.
- Click the ID of the target SAG instance. On the instance details page, click the Device Management tab.
- Find the target SAG instance and choose Actions column. in the
- If both the active and standby devices are associated with the SAG instance, select the target device and click Remote Access.
- In the Remote Access from Private Network dialog box that appears, enter an IP address of the private network and click OK. This IP address is used to log on to the web console.
- The specified IP address cannot overlap with IP addresses that belong to the Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) instance associated with the SAG instance. Otherwise, routes may overlap and you cannot log on to the web console.
- If no IP address is specified, the IP address of the management port of the SAG-1000 device or the LAN port of the SAG-100WM device is used.
- SAG devices allow access from only the private network. Make sure that the computer used to access the SAG device is connected to the device through internal connections.
- Open your browser, enter the IP address configured in step 5 into the address bar, and press Enter to remotely log on to the web console.