After a flow log is disassociated from a Smart Access Gateway (SAG) instance, the flow log stops capturing traffic information about the SAG instance.
- Log on to the SAG console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Flow Log. On the Flow Log page, click the ID of the target flow log.
- Disassociate the flow log from one or more SAG instances at a time.
- Disassociate the flow log from an individual SAG instance: Find the target SAG instance and click Remove in the Actions column. In the Remove message that appears, click OK.
- Disassociate the flow log from multiple SAG instances at a time: Select the target SAG instances and click Batch Remove below the instance list. In the Remove message that appears, click OK.