If you purchase and deploy two Smart Access Gateway (SAG) devices to connect your private network to Alibaba Cloud, device-based high availability (HA) is supported. When an error occurs on one SAG device, network connections can be switched to the other SAG device to maintain the continuity of your workloads.
- Two SAG devices are purchased.
- The gateway configurations of the active and standby devices are the same.
- Active-standby mode: One active device and one standby device. When an error occurs on the active device, network connections can be switched to the standby device. However, you must manually specify the standby device as the new active device in the SAG console.
- Active-active mode: Two active devices. When an error occurs on one device, network connections are automatically switched to the other device.
SAG-100WM runs active-standby mode by default. To enable active-active mode, submit a ticket. SAG-1000 runs only in active-active mode.
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console.
- On the Smart Access Gateway page, click the ID of the target SAG instance.
- On the instance details page, click the Configure High Availability tab.
- In the HA Configuration section, you can check the HA status of the SAG devices.