SAG-1000 allows you to assign roles to device ports. This helps you assign ports based on business requirements. This topic describes how to modify port roles in the Smart Access Gateway (SAG) console.
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console.
- Use one of the following methods to open the Device Management tab.
- Click the ID of the target SAG instance. On the instance details page that appears, click Device Management.
- Find the target SAG instance and choose Actions column. in the
- On the Device Management tab, click Assign Port Roles in the left-side navigation tree.
- Find the target port and click Edit in the Actions column.
- In the Change Port Role dialog box that appears, select a role for the port.
Port role Description Not Assigned No role is assigned to the port. WAN The port is used as a WAN port to connect to the Internet through dynamic IP addresses, static IP addresses, or PPPoE. For more information, see Configure a WAN port. LAN The port is used as a LAN port to connect to local clients or switches through dynamic or static IP addresses. For more information, see Configure a LAN port. Leased Line The port is used to connect to a leased line. For more information, see Configure a leased line port.Notice After you modify the port roles in the SAG console, the port roles of both the active and standby devices are updated accordingly. The devices are restarted.
- Click OK.