This topic describes how to configure Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) acceleration in accelerated regions outside mainland China in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console. To accelerate content delivery in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and other regions outside mainland China, follow the procedure described in this topic to activate and configure Alibaba Cloud CDN.
Before you begin, make sure that you have registered an Alibaba Cloud account and completed real-name verification. For more information, see Register an Alibaba Cloud account and Real-name verification.
- Downloads of large files: Your websites or applications primarily host files larger than 20 MB, such as gaming applications, client applications, or app stores.
- On-demand audio and video streaming: Your websites or applications primarily host on-demand video streams or short video streams. Mainstream formats such as MP4 and FLV are supported.
If your workloads encounter the preceding scenarios, and the origin server is deployed in a region outside mainland China, see the following section describing how to configure Alibaba Cloud CDN to accelerate content delivery for the origin server.
Step 1: Activate Alibaba Cloud CDN
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console to activate Alibaba Cloud CDN.
- On the Enable Service page, select a Billing Method.
- Select the I agree with Alibaba Cloud CDN Agreement of Service check box and click Enable Now.
Step 2: Add a domain name to be accelerated
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, click Add Domain Name.
- Set the following parameters: Domain Name to Accelerate, Resource Groups, Business Type, Port, and Region.
Note To accelerate content delivery in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and other regions outside mainland China, select Global or Global (Excluding Mainland China). If you select Global as the accelerated region, the accelerated domain name must obtain an ICP filing. We recommend that you apply for an ICP filing through Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing System.
Parameter Supported value Description Domain Name to Accelerate -Enter a domain name, for example, ch.aliyun.com. Pay attention to the following considerations:
- You can use a subdomain name or a wildcard domain name as the accelerated domain name,
- You cannot add a duplicate domain name. If a DomainAlreadyExist error occurs, submit a ticket.
- You can add a maximum of 50 domains to Alibaba Cloud CDN under each account. To request a quota increase, submit a ticket.
- Content that is delivered from your domain name must comply with the limits of Alibaba Cloud CDN and the relevant regulations. For more information, see Limits.
Business Type Image and Small File If you want to accelerate the delivery of small-sized static content on your website, such as small files, images, and style sheets, we recommend that you select Image and Small File from the Business Type drop-down list. Large file downloading If you want to accelerate the delivery of static files larger than 20 MB, such as game installation packages, application updates, mobile read-only memory (ROM) upgrades, and application package downloads, we recommend that you select Large File Download from the Business Type drop-down list. VOD If you want to accelerate the delivery of on-demand video or audio content, we recommend that you select VOD from the Business Type drop-down list. Origin Info IP You can specify the public IP addresses of one or more servers. IP addresses of Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances are exempt from manual review. Site Domain You can specify the domain names of one or more origin servers.Note The origin domain you specified cannot be the same as the accelerated domain name. Otherwise, a DNS resolution loop occurs, and the requests cannot be forwarded to the origin correctly. For example, if the domain name of your origin server is img.yourdomain.com, you can set the accelerated domain name to cdn.yourdomain.com. OSS Domain You can manually enter the Internet domain name of an Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS) bucket, for example, xxx.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com. To view the Internet domain name of an OSS bucket, go to the OSS console. You can also directly select an OSS bucket under the current account. Function Compute Domain You must set the Region and Domain Name parameters for a Function Compute domain. Port -Select a port as needed.
- Port 80
Supports resource access over HTTP.
- Port 443
Supports resource access over HTTPS.
Region Global (Excluding Mainland China) If you select Global (Excluding Mainland China), you do not need to apply for an ICP filing. Global If you select Global, you must apply for an ICP filing from Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People's republic of China (MIIT). For more information, see Domain filing. Mainland China Only If you select Mainland China Only, you must apply for an ICP filing from MIIT. For more information, see Domain filing.
- You can use a subdomain name or a wildcard domain name as the accelerated domain name, for example,
- Click Next.
Step 3: Configure a CNAME record
After you add a domain name to be accelerated, Alibaba Cloud previews the domain name. After the domain name passes the preview, Alibaba Cloud CDN assigns a Canonical Name (CNAME) address to the domain name. To enable CDN acceleration, you must add a CNAME record to map the accelerated domain name to the CNAME address. In this way, requests sent to the accelerated domain can be redirected to the CDN nodes that are nearest to the clients that make the requests. This topic describes how to add a CNAME record for your accelerated domain in Alibaba Cloud Domain Name System (DNS) (previously known as HiChina).
- Obtain the CNAME address of the accelerated domain.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, copy the CNAME address of the accelerated domain.
- Add a CNAME record.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
- On the Manage DNS page, click the Domains tab, select the target domain, and then click Configure in the Actions column.
- Click Add Record and add a CNAME record.
- Click OK.
The CNAME record is added. After you add the CNAME record, CDN acceleration immediately starts. A newly added CNAME record takes effect immediately. A modified CNAME record takes effect within 72 hours.
- Check whether the CNAME record is effective.
- Open the Command Prompt in Windows.
- Enter ping or dig and the accelerated domain name.
If the output includes
*.*kunlun*.com, both the CNAME record and CDN acceleration have taken effect.