This topic describes how to create a crawler to collect metadata from an E-MapReduce data store to DataWorks. You can view the collected metadata on the Data Map page.
- Go to the Data Discovery page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region as required, find the workspace where you want to create a crawler, and then click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- On the DataStudio page, click the icon in the upper-left corner and choose . The homepage of Data Map appears.
- In the top navigation bar, click Data Discovery.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click E-MapReduce. On the Obtain Metadata from E-MapReduce page, click Create Crawler.
- In the Create Crawler dialog box, select an engine instance from the Select Engine Instance drop-down list and click Authorize.
- On the page that appears, click the Metadata tab and click Enable.
- In the Confirm Operation message, click OK.
- Return to the Create Crawler dialog box on the Data Map page and click Refresh.
- After the authorization status changes to Authorized, click Commit.
- On the Obtain Metadata from E-MapReduce page, find the created crawler and click Obtain All in the Actions column.
Click Refresh in the upper-right corner of the page and verify that the value in the Running Status column of the created crawler changes to The data has been collected.Note After full metadata is collected from the E-MapReduce data store, the system automatically synchronizes new metadata from the data store.
If you want to delete the created crawler, click Delete in the Actions column. In the Delete Instance message, click OK.
- View the metadata collected from the E-MapReduce data store.
- In the top navigation bar, click All Data.
- Click the E-MapReduce tab.
- On the E-MapReduce tab, click the name of the table that stores the collected metadata and view the table details.