This topic describes how to create a subscription instance for users who need only one or two instances and do not need complex network configurations.
Go to the buy page
Purchase an instance
- Configure parameters in the Basic Configurations step and click Next: Networking.
This table describes some parameters to which you must pay attention. For the other parameters, keep the default values if you have no specific requirements.
Parameter Description Region Select a region that is close to the region of your customer. This provides your customer with a higher access speed and lower latency.
The China (Hangzhou) region is used in this example.
Instance Type Select an appropriate instance type.
- Individual applications: The ecs.s6-c1m2.small instance type with 1 vCPU and 2 GiB memory is recommended.
- Applications for small and medium-sized enterprises: The ecs.c5.large instance type with 2 vCPUs and 4 GiB memory is recommended.
Image Specify the operating system of the instance.
- Public Image: Select a pure operating system, such as Linux or Windows.
- Custom Image: Select an operating system that is deployed with an application environment.
The Aliyun Linux 2.1903 LTS 64-bit public image is used in this example.
Quantity The quantity is set to 1 by default. Duration The duration is set to 1 month by default.
- In the Networking step, configure the public IP address, and click Next: System Configurations.
Set the Bandwidth parameter, and use the default settings of the Network Type and Security Group parameters.
Parameter Description Network Type A VPC is created by default. Public IP Address Set the public bandwidth. The default value is 1 Mbit/s. Security Group A security group is created by default.
- In the System Configurations (Optional) step, set the logon password of the instance and click Preview.
- Read and select the service terms and click Create Order.
- Confirm and pay for the order.
Connect to the ECS instance
- In the Enter VNC Password dialog box that appears, click Modify VNC Password.
- Modify the password. In the Enter VNC Password dialog box that appears, enter your new password, and click OK.
- On the instance logon page, enter the username and password of the instance.
Release an expired instance
You can manually release a subscription instance after it expires. If you do not renew the instance after it expires, the instance is automatically released.