This topic describes how to switch an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance from the subscription billing method to the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- Your RDS instance uses the subscription billing method. For more information about the billing methods, see Pricing, billable items, and billing methods.
- Your RDS instance is in the Running state.
- Your RDS instance does not use a phased-out instance type. For more information, see Primary instance types. If your RDS instance uses a phased-out instance type, you must change the instance type before you perform this operation. For more information, see Change the specifications of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
After you switch to the pay-as-you-go billing method, a refund is returned to you based on the payment method that you used.
Refund = Fee actually paid - Fee for consumed resources
- The fee actually paid is the money that you paid and does not include the part that is covered by coupons or vouchers.
- The fee for consumed resources is calculated based on the following formula: Fee for consumed resources = Daily fee x Consumed subscription duration x Discount for the consumed subscription duration. The daily fee is equal to the order-specific fee divided by 30.
Note The consumed subscription duration is accurate to the day. The part that is less than one day is counted as one day.
This operation does not have impacts on the running of your RDS instance.
- In the Status section of the Basic Information page, click Switch to Pay-as-you-go Billing.
- Confirm the instance configuration, read and select Terms of Service, click Pay Now, and then complete the payment.
|Change billing method||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|