Before using Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up SAP HANA databases deployed on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, you must register an SAP HANA instance in the HBR console.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose SAP HANA.. On the ECS Application Backup page, select
- Select the region where the SAP HANA instance to be backed up resides.
- On the page that appears, click Register HANA Instance in the upper-right corner.
- In the Register HANA Instance pane that appears, set the parameters as described in the following table.
Parameter Description Backup Vault Config Specifies whether to create a backup vault or select an existing backup vault. A backup vault is a repository used by HBR to store backup data in the cloud. You can back up data from multiple backup clients to the same vault. Backup vaults reside in different regions. You can only select or create backup vaults in the current region.
- If you have created backup vaults, set the value to Select Vault and select a backup vault from the Vault Name drop-down list.
- If you have not created any backup vaults, set the value to Create Vault and set Vault Name to create a backup vault. The vault name can be a maximum of 64 characters in length.
Instance Alias The alias for the SAP HANA instance to be registered. Host Address The private or internal IP address of the SAP HANA primary node. Instance Number The instance number specified when you install SAP HANA. Username The username used to log on to the SAP HANA instance. Password The password used to log on to the SAP HANA instance. SSL Connection Specifies whether to use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to connect to SAP HANA databases. Verify SSL Certification Specifies whether to verify SSL certification for the database server if you enable the SSL connection.
- Click Next.
- In the Install Backup Agent step, select Use or Not Use for Transmit Data On HTTPS. Select all nodes of the SAP HANA instance to be registered. Then, HBR can install
an ECS backup client on these nodes. In the drop-down list on the left of the search
bar, select Instance ID, Instance Name, or VPC ID. Then, enter an ID, a name, or a keyword in the search bar to search for the desired
Note Your data will be encrypted and stored in a backup vault. You can choose whether to use HTTPS to transmit data based on data encryption. Note that using HTTPS will degrade the data transmission performance. If you modify Transmit Data On HTTPS, the modification takes effect when the next backup or restore job starts.
- Click Create. HBR automatically installs an ECS backup client on the selected ECS instances.
After the SAP HANA instance is registered, you can click the SAP HANA Instance tab on the ECS Application Backup page to view the registration information and status of the registered SAP HANA instance. You can also choose in the Actions column to modify the instance information.