Before using Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up an SAP HANA instance that is hosted on Elastic Compute Service (ECS), you must register the SAP HANA instance in the HBR console.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose SAP HANA.. On the ECS Application Backup page, click
- Select the region where you want to store the backup data of the SAP HANA instance.
- In the upper-right corner, click Register SAP HANA Instance.
- In the Register SAP HANA Instance pane, set the parameters.
Parameter Description Backup Vault The backup vault where you want to store the backup data. A backup vault is a repository that HBR uses to store backup data. You can use a single vault to store backup data that is received from multiple backup clients. Backup vaults reside in different regions. You can select or create only a backup vault in the current region.
- If you have created backup vaults, click Select Vault, and select a backup vault from the Vault Name drop-down list.
- If you have not created backup vaults, click Create Vault and specify the Vault Name field. The vault name must be 1 to 64 characters in length.
Instance Alias The alias of the SAP HANA instance. The alias is displayed as the instance name in the HBR console to represent the SAP HANA instance. Host Address The private or internal IP address of the host where the primary node of the SAP HANA instance resides. Instance Number The instance number of the SAP HANA system. Username The name of the user account that is used to access the SAP HANA instance. Password The password of the user account. Use SSL Specifies whether to connect to the SAP HANA instance over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Verify SSL Certificate Specifies whether to verify SSL certificate of the instance host. This parameter is required if you turn on the Use SSL switch.
- Click Next.
- In the Install Client step, select Yes or No for Use HTTPS and select all ECS instances that host the SAP HANA instance. HBR will install a
backup client for each ECS instance. To search for an ECS instance, you can select
Instance ID, Instance Name, or VPC ID from the drop-down list next to the search box and enter a keyword in the search
box.Note You can select whether to use HTTPS for encrypted data transmission from the ECS instances to the backup vault. Note that HTTPS compromises the performance of data transmission. Data that is stored in the backup vault is encrypted, regardless of the setting of this switch. If you modify the setting of this parameter, the modification takes effect on the next migration or restore job.
- Click Create. HBR then installs a backup client on each selected ECS instance.After the SAP HANA instance is registered, you can view the information and status of the SAP HANA instance on the SAP HANA tab. You can choose in the Actions column to modify the instance information.