This topic describes how to modify a rule. If a rule does not meet your requirements, you can modify the keys and values of the input parameters.
- Log on to the Cloud Config for Enterprise console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Rules.
- On the Rules page, find the rule that you want to modify and click Edit in the Actions column.
- In the Basic Settings step, modify the description of the rule and click Next.
- In the Parameter Settings step, modify the configuration as required and click Submit.
- If the Method parameter is set to Managed Rule in the Basic Settings step, you can modify only the values of the input parameters.
- If the Method parameter is set to Function Compute in the Basic Settings step, you can modify the resource types and the values of the existing input parameters. You can also specify new input parameters as required.
- If the Method parameter is set to Visual Editor in the Basic Settings step, you can modify the resource types and the values of the input parameters.
- The value of the Apply Rule to All Members parameter cannot be modified. If you modify a rule that applies to all member accounts, the modified rule still applies to all member accounts. Proceed with caution.
- View the modification result.In the Complete step, view the modification result.
- Click View Details. On the page that appears, you can view the updated information in the Basic Information, Trigger, and Compliance Result of Related Resources sections.
- Click Return to Rule List. The Rules page appears, where you can view the modified rule. The status of the rule is Active.