This topic describes how to purchase a storage plan.
You can use storage plans to offset the following two types of fees:
- Storage fees
The storage of each PolarDB cluster is charged based on the data volume and retention period. If you need to store a large amount of data, for example, 1,000 GB or more, we recommend that you use storage plans to reduce costs.
- Fees of level-1 backups that exceed the free quota
You can use a purchased storage plan to offset the used storage of all PolarDB clusters within your account. The remaining capacity of the storage plan is automatically used to offset the storage that exceeds the free quota for level-1 backups at a ratio of 1:1.6 until the storage plan is exhausted. In this case, every 1 GB of the storage plan can offset 1 GB of level-1 backup storage. If the remaining capacity of the storage plan is insufficient to offset the storage of level-1 backups, the excess storage is charged on a pay-as-you-go basis. For more information about how to use storage plans to offset fees, see Storage plans.
- You can select the following types of storage plans: storage plans that apply to regions inside mainland China, and storage plans that apply to China (Hong Kong) and regions outside China. You can purchase only one storage plan for each type. An Alibaba Cloud account can purchase only one storage plan in mainland China and one storage plan in China (Hong Kong) and regions outside China.
- If the capacity of your storage plan is insufficient, you can upgrade the storage plan. However, storage plans cannot be downgraded.
- You are charged for the storage that is not covered by the storage plan on a pay-as-you-go
For example, you have three PolarDB clusters and each cluster requires 400 GB of storage. If you purchase a storage plan of 1,000 GB and these clusters share the storage plan, you are charged for the extra 200 GB of storage on a pay-as-you-go basis. For more information, see View the database storage usage.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, click Create Cluster.
- Click the Storage Plan tab and specify the following parameters.
Parameter Description Plan Type
- Mainland China: The storage plan can be used by all PolarDB clusters that are deployed in regions of mainland China, such as China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), and China (Beijing).
- China (Hong Kong) and regions outside China: The storage plan can be used by all PolarDB clusters that are deployed in China (Hong Kong) and regions outside China, such as UK (London) and Singapore (Singapore).
Plan Specification The storage capacity that is provided by the storage plan. Purchase Plan The validity period of the storage plan.Note If you purchase a storage plan for one year or more, you are offered a 15% discount on top of the monthly price.
- Click Buy Now.
- Read and accept the agreement of service, and then click Pay.