The Resource Sharing feature allows you to share the resources under your account with other accounts.
- To share your resources with other accounts, you can create resource shares and add the resources and the accounts with which you want to share the resources to the resource shares. Currently, your resources can be shared only with the member accounts in your resource directory.
- If other resource owners share resources with you, you can access these resources without any confirmation and perform specific operations on them. The operations you can perform depend on the resource type.
- Resource share
A resource share is an instance for Resource Sharing. It is also a cloud resource and has a unique ID and an Alibaba Cloud Resource Name (ARN). You can sort resource shares into groups and bind tags to the resource shares.
- Resource owner
A resource owner initiates resource sharing and owns shared resources. It is an Alibaba Cloud account.
- Shared target
A shared target shares the resources of resource owners. It has specific operation permissions on the shared resources. A shared target is an Alibaba Cloud account. Multiple shared targets can share the same resource.
- Shared resource
A shared resource is a resource of a cloud service, such as a VSwitch in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
An enterprise may have more than one Alibaba Cloud account and subscribe to diversified cloud services under these accounts. In some cases, an enterprise needs to purchase cloud resources of a certain type under one account and wants to share these resources with the other accounts. For example, you can add the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances under all accounts owned by your enterprise to a shared VPC so that the instances can communicate with each other within this VPC.
If an enterprise uses the Resource Directory feature, the enterprise creates more than one account to subscribe to a diversity of cloud services. In the resource directory of the enterprise, one member account is used to purchase and configure a VPC. The account owner can then share the VSwitches in this VPC with other member accounts and add the cloud services that need to connect to the VSwitches to the VPC. This way, the applications of all accounts in the resource directory can communicate with each other.
- Low costs: Resources are created in a centralized manner and are then shared among accounts. This way, you do not need to configure resources for each account.
- Unified management: Shared resources are managed and maintained in a unified manner. This helps you configure security policies centrally and use the Cloud Config and ActionTrail services to audit and track configurations and operations in a unified manner.
- Improved sharing experience: Alibaba Cloud resources operate based on the same sharing mechanism. You do not need to adapt to the different sharing operations of various cloud resources.
|Number of resource shares under an account||10|
|Number of shared resources under an account||10|