When the load on the server increases sharply, the service degradation component can be used to stop processing some non-important services or process them in a simpler way according to the business status and traffic. In this way, some server resources can be released to ensure the normal or high-efficiency operation of core businesses.
Ensure that the SOFABoot version is 3.3.3 or later. For more information about SOFABoot versions, see Release notes.
- Log on to the SOFAStack MS Platform console and choose Microservices > Service governance. The Service governance page appears.
Click the Service degradation tab, click New rule, and add a degradation rule.
- Rule name: The value can contain Chinese characters, letters, digits, and underscores (_).
- Application: the name of the service consumer app.
- Running mode: Valid values include Intercept mode and Observer mode. When the service degradation is triggered, the following processing mode will be implemented:
- Intercept mode: Trigger a service failure.
- Observer mode: Record logs only.
- Service: the name of the service to be degraded.
- Method: the name of the method to be degraded.
- Operation: the operation to be performed in the selected running mode.