You can add the nodes to a node pool. This allows you to manage multiple nodes as a group. For example, you can manage the labels and taints that are added to the nodes in the node pool. This topic describes how to create a node pool in the Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) console.
- An ACK cluster is created. For more information, see Create a managed kubernetes cluster.
- The ACK cluster must run Kubernetes 1.9 or later.
- By default, you can deploy up to 100 nodes in each cluster. To increase the quota, click Submit a ticket to submit a ticket.
- Before you add an existing ECS instance that is deployed in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network, make sure that an elastic IP address is assigned to the ECS instance, or a Network Address Translation (NAT) gateway is created in the same VPC network for the ECS instance. In addition, you must make sure that the node has access to the Internet. Otherwise, you may fail to add the ECS instance.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the Clusters page, find the cluster that you want to manage and click the cluster ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Node Pools.
- On the Node Pools page, click Create Node Pool.
- On the Create Node Pool page, set the parameters for the node pool.For more information, see Create a dedicated Kubernetes cluster. The following list describes some of the parameters:
- Quantity: Specify the number of nodes that you want to add to the node pool. If you do not need to create a node, set this parameter to 0.
- Select the operating system for the nodes. Valid values: CentOS, Alibaba Cloud Linux, and Windows.
- Node Label: You can add labels to the specified nodes.
- ECS Label: You can add labels to the specified ECS instances.
- Custom Resource Group: You can specify the resource group to which the nodes of the node pool belong.
- Click OK.On the Node Pools page, the Status column of the node pool displays Initializing. This indicates that the node pool creation is in progress. After the node pool is created, the Status column displays Active.