You can manage multiple nodes as a group by adding nodes to a node pool. For example, you can manage the labels and taints that are attached to nodes in a node pool. This topic describes how to create a node pool in the Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) console.
- An ACK cluster is created. For more information, see Create an ACK cluster.
- The Kubernetes version must be V1.9 or later.
- By default, you can deploy up to 100 nodes in each cluster. To increase the quota, submit a ticket. Submit a ticket.
- Before you add an existing Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance deployed in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network, make sure that an Elastic IP address is attached to the ECS instance, or a Network Address Translation (NAT) gateway is deployed in the same VPC network. In addition, you must make sure that the corresponding node can access the public network. Otherwise, you fail to add the ECS instance.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Find the target cluster, click Node Pools in the Actions column.
- In the upper-right corner of the Node Pools page, click Create Node Pool.
- In the Create Node Pool dialog box, configure the node pool.For more information about the parameters, see Create an ACK cluster. Some parameters are described as follows:
- Quantity: Specify the number of initial nodes in the node pool. If you do not need to create a node, set this parameter to 0.
- Select the operating system for the nodes. Valid values: CentOS, AliyunLinux, and Windows.
- Node Label: You can add labels to the nodes.
- ECS Label: You can add labels to ECS instances.
- Click OK.On the Node Pools page, the status of the node pool displays Initializing. This means that the node pool creation is in progress. After the creation is complete, the status of the node pool changes to Active.