Message-based scheduled tasks are open only to historical users. We recommend that newly registered users use RPC-based scheduled tasks.
Scheduler aims to provide a unified and universal task scheduling service for business systems. It provides a platform for managing and monitoring scheduled tasks, reducing the workload of business system development and online O&M. In addition, Scheduler provides various schemes, such as task splitting and load balancing, which can improve performance of scheduled tasks with a large data size.
Features and objectives:
- Provide a unified platform for scheduled task registration, management, and monitoring.
- Provide timed scheduling and message notifications in a centralized manner.
- Improve the performance of scheduled tasks with a large data size through task splitting and scheduling data hosting schemes.
- Support shut-down maintenance in special hours.
- Provide convenient test support.
Scheduler depends on SOFAMQ. Based on the scheduled task information that you configure, the Scheduler server sends a message to the app when the task execution time arrives. After receiving the message, the app starts executing its preset task logic.
- Developers and administrators configure and manage scheduled tasks on the console.
- The scheduling system persists task metadata to the database and sends messages periodically to clients according to the parameter settings.
- After receiving messages from SOFAMQ, the business cluster executes the business logic.