Important: Currently, Scheduler has been deprecated for SOFAStack MS on Alibaba public cloud , and can be accessed on the private cloud only. If you need the Scheduler service, we recommend that you use Task Scheduler instead. For more information, see the Task Scheduler documentation.
Scheduler aims to provide a unified and universal task scheduling service for business systems. It provides a platform for managing and monitoring scheduled tasks, reducing the workload of business system development and online O&M.
Features and objectives:
- Provide a unified platform for scheduled task registration, management, and monitoring.
- Provide timed scheduling in a centralized manner.
- Support shut-down maintenance in special hours.
- Provide convenient test support.
Based on the scheduled task information that you configure, the Scheduler server initiates an RPC request to the app when the task execution time arrives. After receiving the request, the app starts executing its preset task logic. For a scheduled task whose trigger type is CALLBACK, the app calls back the server after executing the task logic.
- Developers and administrators configure and manage scheduled tasks on the console.
- The scheduling system persists task metadata to the database and sends messages periodically to clients according to the parameter settings.
- After receiving RPC requests, the business cluster executes the business logic.
- For a scheduled task whose trigger type is CALLBACK, the app calls back the server after executing the task logic.