This topic describes how to use Power BI to connect to an AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster and analyze data in real time.
Before you use Power BI, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- Power BI is installed. For more information, visit Download Power BI tools and apps.
Note In this topic, Power BI Desktop 2.79.5768.663 and the English language are used.
- MySQL Connector/J is installed. For more formation, visit MySQL Community Downloads.
- A public endpoint is applied for if you need to use a public endpoint to connect to AnalyticDB for MySQL clusters. For more information, see Apply for or release a public endpoint.
Use Power BI to connect to AnalyticDB for MySQL
- Start Power BI.
- Choose Connect. and click
- Enter the endpoint of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster in the Server field and the name of the database in the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster in the Database field, and click OK.
- Enter the database account of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster in the User Name field and the password of the database account in the Password field, and click Connect.
- In the Encryption Support message that appears, click OK. Power BI starts to connect to AnalyticDB for MySQL.
After the connection succeeds, tables in the AnalyticDB for MySQL database are displayed on the right side. You can click table names to view the table data.
Use Power BI
After you obtain AnalyticDB for MySQL data in Power BI, you can use Power BI to generate reports. For more information about how to use Power BI, visit the Power BI official website.