Before you connect to a database instance from Data Management (DMS), the IP addresses and Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) blocks of DMS must be added to the IP address whitelist of the database instance.
Automatically add the IP addresses and CIDR blocks of DMS to the IP address whitelist of a database instance
When you log on to an ApsaraDB instance in DMS for the first time, DMS prompts you to add its own IP addresses and CIDR blocks for the specified region to the IP address whitelist of the ApsaraDB instance. In this case, you can click Configure Whitelist in the Whitelist issues message. Then, DMS automatically adds its own IP addresses and CIDR blocks to the whitelist. After that, log on to the ApsaraDB instance again. For more information, see Register an ApsaraDB instance.
In addition to the preceding method, the IP addresses and CIDR blocks of DMS can be automatically added to the IP address whitelist of an ApsaraDB instance by using the following method:
- Log on to the DMS console.
- In the top navigation bar, move the pointer over the More icon and choose .Note You are a database administrator (DBA) or a DMS administrator.
- On the Instance List tab, select one or more instances for which you want to configure an IP address whitelist and click Configure Whitelist in the upper part.
- In the Auto set DMS whitelist in batch message, click OK.Then, DMS adds the IP addresses and CIDR blocks to the IP address whitelist of each selected ApsaraDB instance.
Manually add the IP addresses and CIDR blocks of DMS to the IP address whitelist of a database instance
- Select the specific IP addresses and CIDR blocks that you want to add. For more information about the IP addresses and CIDR blocks, see the DMS IP addresses and CIDR blocks table in this topic.
- Manually add the IP addresses and CIDR blocks to the IP address whitelist of a database instance.
Fail to connect to a database instance from DMS
Assume that the IP addresses and CIDR blocks of DMS are added to the IP address whitelist of a database instance but you still fail to connect to the database instance from DMS. In this case, troubleshoot the issue by performing the following steps:
- Try again later because the whitelist may take time to become effective.
- Assume that the database instance is accessible from the Internet and you have added the DMS IP addresses and CIDR blocks for the specified region to the IP address whitelist of the instance. In this case, if you still fail to connect to the database instance from DMS, add the DMS IP addresses and CIDR blocks for the China (Hangzhou) region to the IP address whitelist of the instance. Then, try to connect to the database instance again.
- In the Add instance or Edit instance dialog box, check the connection information such as the port number.
DMS IP addresses and CIDR blocks
|Region||Self-managed databases on ECS instances or Alibaba Cloud databases, both on the classic network||Self-managed databases on ECS instances, Alibaba Cloud databases, and on-premises databases accessible from Express Connect circuits, all in VPCs||Databases accessible from the Internet|
|China (Hong Kong)||10.152.161.0/24||100.104.205.0/24||22.214.171.124/24|
|Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)||126.96.36.199/24||100.104.175.0/24||188.8.131.52/24|
|US (Silicon Valley)||10.152.31.0/24||100.104.205.0/24||184.108.40.206/24|
|China East 1 Finance||N/A||100.104.175.0/24||N/A|
|China East 2 Finance||N/A||100.104.72.0/24||N/A|
|China South 1 Finance||N/A||100.104.205.0/24||N/A|