You can manually upgrade the minor kernel version of ApsaraDB PolarDB for MySQL. The upgrades improve performance, provide new feature, or fix bugs.
- Upgrading the kernel minor version will restart the instance. We recommend that you perform the upgrade during off-peak hours or make sure that your applications can automatically reconnect to the instance.
- You cannot downgrade the minor version after an upgrade.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the PolarDB cluster
- Find the target cluster and click the cluster ID.
- In Basic Information, click Upgrade to Latest Version.
Note If your cluster kernel version is already the latest, the Upgrade to Latest Version button is not displayed.
- In Upgrade to Latest Version dialog box, click OK.
Note During the upgrade, services may be interrupted for about 60 seconds. Make sure that your applications can automatically reconnect to the instance.