This topic describes how to update the kernel of an Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster to support the new features developed based on the open-source Elasticsearch kernel. Only the kernels of Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch V6.7 clusters can be updated.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster resides.
- Find the target cluster and click its ID.
- In the upper-right corner of the Basic Information page, click Update and Upgrade.
- In the Upgrade dialog box, select the target version.
Note When you update the kernel for the first time, the value of Current Version is None by default.
- Click Precheck.
The system then checks the configuration compatibility, status, snapshots, and basic resources of the cluster.
After the check is complete, handle exceptions as prompted. For example, if the cluster has not created snapshots within the last hour, you can click Create Snapshots to trigger the snapshot operation.
- After the check is successful, click Upgrade.
During the kernel update, you can view the update progress in the Tasks dialog box.After the kernel is updated, the A new kernel patch is available. message next to Version and the Update and Upgrade button are no longer displayed.