You can create a rule to monitor that Relational Database Service (RDS) instances do not allow access from the public network.
- Log on to the Cloud Config console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Rules.
- Click Create Rule.
- In the Basic Settings step of the Create Rule wizard, set Created By to Managed Rule, search for and select the rds-public-access-check rule, set the risk level of the rule, and then click Next.
- In the Dispatch Settings step of the Create Rule wizard, use default values for all parameters and click Submit.
- Check the evaluation results of the rule.
In the Complete step of the Create Rule wizard, click View Details or Return to Rule List to view the compliance evaluation results.