You can subscribe to configuration change events, non-compliance events, and snapshot delivery events in Cloud Config. After you subscribe to events, Cloud Config sends notifications to the specified topic in Message Service (MNS) when such an event occurs.
- Log on to the Cloud Config console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Settings.
- In the MNS Notifications section, turn on the MNS Notifications switch.
- Set the parameters for sending event notifications to MNS.
The following table describes the parameters for sending event notifications to MNS.
Parameter Description Topic Name The name of the topic in MNS for receiving event notifications. The topic name must be unique in the same region under the same account. If you select Yes for the Do you want to create a new MNS topic? question, you need to enter a new topic name. MNS Region The region where the MNS topic resides. MNS Topic The name of the topic in MNS for receiving event notifications. If you select No for the Do you want to create a new MNS topic? question, you need to select an existing topic.Note You must have created a topic in MNS. For more information, see Create a topic. Maximum Message Size (Byte) The maximum size of the message body to be sent to the MNS topic, in bytes. Valid values: 1024 to 65536. Default value: 65536.Note The size of resource information is large. You must set the maximum message size to at least 8,192 bytes for this topic in the MNS console. This prevents failures in sending event notifications containing resource information to this topic due to the size restriction. Minimum Risk Level for Subscription The lowest risk level of the events to subscribe to. Valid values:
- All Levels
For example, if you select Warning, Cloud Config only pushes the non-compliance events of the Warning and Critical levels. The non-compliance events of the Information level are filtered out.
Resources to Subscribe
- The types of the resources whose events you want to subscribe to. If you set the parameter to All Supported Resource Types, you can subscribe to the events of all supported resource types. When a new service is connected to Cloud Config, the resource type of the service is automatically added to the monitoring scope.
- If you set the parameter to Custom Resource Types, select the types of resources to be monitored.
- Click OK.