You can enable transfer acceleration when or after you create a share. Transfer acceleration increases the data transfer rate across regions by using the public bandwidth of a file gateway. This topic describes how to enable transfer acceleration for a file gateway.
- A file gateway is created. For more information, see Create a file gateway.
- A cache disk is added to the file gateway. For more information, see Add a cache disk.
- An Object Storage Service (OSS) bucket is created. For more information, see Create Buckets.
- Transfer acceleration is enabled for the OSS bucket. For more information, see Configure transfer acceleration.
To enable transfer acceleration, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the Cloud Storage Gateway console.
- Select the region where the file gateway is deployed.
- On the Gateways page, click the file gateway to open the Share tab.
- On the Share tab, click Create.
- On the Bucket Setting tab, set the required parameters and click Next. For more information about how to set the parameters, see Manage a file gateway in the Cloud Storage Gateway console.
- On the Basic Information tab, set the required parameters and click Next.
- On the Advanced Settings tab, set the required parameters to enable transfer acceleration, and click Next.
- If transfer acceleration is enabled for the file gateway but is not enabled for the OSS bucket, transfer acceleration does not take effect.
- If transfer acceleration is enabled for the file gateway and the OSS bucket, transfer acceleration takes effect.
- On the Confirmation tab, confirm your settings, and then click Completed.
After the share is created, you can click Create to check whether transfer acceleration is enabled.