This topic describes how to apply for a continuous elastic IP address (EIP) group. Continuous EIP groups can facilitate network management.
|Continuous EIP||Common EIP|
|Supports only pay-as-you-go.||Supports subscription and pay-as-you-go.|
|You cannot switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription.||You can switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription.|
|Fees are charged in the same way as common EIPs. In addition, a specification fee is charged based on the number of continuous EIPs in the EIP group. For more information about pricing details, submit a ticket.||No specification fee is charged.|
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select the target region.
Note Continuous EIP groups are available in the following regions: China (Beijing), China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), China (Hong Kong), and Singapore (Singapore).
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, click Request Custom IP.
- In the Request Custom IP dialog box, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description EIP Type Select Request Continuous EIP Group. Continuous EIP Group Mask Select the subnet mask length of the continuous EIP group, and select I have read and understand that:.Supported subnet masks are from /28 to /24. The number of continuous EIPs varies based on the selected mask length.
Note In some scenarios, the actual number of assigned IP addresses may be less than the expected number because one, three, or four IP addresses may be reserved.
- /28: assigns 16 continuous EIPs by default.
- /27: assigns 32 continuous EIPs by default.
- /26: assigns 64 continuous EIPs by default.
- /25: assigns 128 continuous EIPs by default.
- /24: assigns 256 continuous EIPs by default.
Network Type Select a network type for the continuous EIP group.
- Public: After the continuous EIP group is associated with cloud resources, the cloud resources can communicate with the Internet through the EIPs.
- Hybrid Cloud: The continuous EIP group can be used to establish communication within a hybrid cloud.
Note This network type is available to selected users only. To use this network type, contact your sales manager.
Billing Method Select a billing method for the continuous EIP group.
Note EIP groups used in a hybrid cloud supports only the pay by bandwidth billing method. Pay by traffic is not supported.
- Pay by Bandwidth: Bills are generated on a daily basis based on the specified bandwidth. The actual data usage is not taken into account.
- Pay by Traffic: Bills are generated on an hourly basis based on the actual Internet data usage.
Bandwidth Select bandwidth for the continuous EIP group.
Supported bandwidth ranges from 1 to 200 Mbit/s.