This topic describes how to apply for a group of continuous elastic IP addresses (EIPs). Continuous EIPs can facilitate network management.
|Continuous EIP||Standard EIP|
|Supports only the pay-as-you-go billing method.||Supports the subscription and pay-as-you-go billing methods.|
|You cannot switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription.||You can switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription.|
|In addition to the billable items of standard EIPs, you are charged a specification fee based on the number of continuous EIPs. For more information about specification fees,submit a ticket.||No specification fee is charged.|
- Log on to the Elastic IP Address console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to apply for continuous EIPs.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, click Request Custom IP.
- In the Request Custom IP dialog box, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description EIP Type Select Request Continuous EIP Group. Continuous EIP Group Mask Select the subnet mask length of the continuous EIP group, and select I have read and understand that:.Valid values: /28 to /24. The number of continuous EIPs varies based on the selected mask length.
Note In some scenarios, the actual number of allocated IP addresses may be less than the expected number because one, three, or four IP addresses may be reserved.
- /28: allocates 16 continuous EIPs by default.
- /27: allocates 32 continuous EIPs by default.
- /26: allocates 64 continuous EIPs by default.
- /25: allocates 128 continuous EIPs by default.
- /24: allocates 256 continuous EIPs by default.
Network Type Select a network type for the continuous EIPs.
- Public: After a continuous EIP is associated with a cloud resource, the cloud resource can use the continuous EIP to communicate with the Internet.
- Hybrid Cloud: After a continuous EIP is associated with a cloud resource, the cloud resource can
use the continuous EIP to establish communication within a hybrid cloud.
Note You can specify the network type only when your account is included in the whitelist. To use this feature, contact your product manager from Alibaba Cloud.
Billing Method Select a billing method for the continuous EIPs.
Note Continuous EIPs that are used within a hybrid cloud support only the pay-by-bandwidth billing method. Pay-by-data-transfer is not supported.
- Pay by Bandwidth: Bills are generated on a daily basis. You are charged based on specified bandwidth limits instead of actual resource usage.
- Pay by Traffic: Bills are generated on an hourly basis based on the amount of data transfer sent over the Internet.
Bandwidth Specify a bandwidth limit for the continuous EIPs.
Valid values: 1 to 200. Unit: Mbit/s.