Elastic IP Address (EIP) provides continuous EIP groups to facilitate network management.
Continuous Elastic IP addresses and common Elastic IP addresses have the following differences:
|Continuous Elastic IP address||Common Elastic IP address|
|Only supports pay-as-you-go.||Supports subscription and pay-as-you-go.|
|You cannot switch from pay-as-you-go to subscription.||You can switch from pay-as-you-go to subscription.|
|Fees are based on the billing items of common Elastic IP addresses, the specification, and the number of continuous Elastic IP addresses. For more information about pricing details, submit a ticket.||No additional fees based on the specification.|
- Log on to the EIP console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Select a target region in the upper-left corner.Note You can apply for a continuous EIP group only in the following regions: China (Beijing), China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), China (Hong Kong), and Singapore.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, click Request Custom IP.
- In the Request Custom IP dialog box, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description EIP Type Select Request Continuous EIP Group. Continuous EIP Group Mask Select the subnet mask of the continuous EIP group, and select the I have read and understand that: check box.Supported subnet masks include /28 to /24. The number of continuous Elastic IP addresses is determined by the subnet mask based on the following rules:
Note In some scenarios, the actual number of assigned IP addresses may be less than the expected number because one, three, or four IP addresses may be reserved.
- /28: assigns 16 continuous Elastic IP addresses by default.
- /27: assigns 32 continuous Elastic IP addresses by default.
- /26: assigns 64 continuous Elastic IP addresses by default.
- /25: assigns 128 continuous Elastic IP addresses by default.
- /24: assigns 256 continuous Elastic IP addresses by default.
Network Type Select a network type for the continuous EIP group.
- Public: After the continuous EIP group is associated with cloud resources, the cloud resources can communicate with the Internet through EIP.
- Hybrid Cloud: The continuous EIP group can be used to establish communications among hybrid clouds.
Note This network type is available only for users in the hybrid cloud whitelist. To use this network type, contact your sales manager.
Billing Method Select a billing method.
Note If you select Hybrid Cloud as the network type, you can only select Pay by Bandwidth. You cannot select Pay by Traffic.
- Pay by Bandwidth: Bills are generated on a daily basis based on the specified bandwidth. The actual data usage is not taken into account.
- Pay by Traffic: Bills are generated on an hourly basis based on the actual Internet data usage.
Bandwidth Select a bandwidth.
Supported bandwidth ranges from 1 to 200 Mbit/s.