After you create a change set for a stack, you must execute the change set to update the stack.
If you execute a change set on a stack that has a stack policy, the policy will be executed when the stack is updated. You cannot specify a temporary stack policy that overwrites the existing policy when you execute a change set. To update protected resources, you must update the stack policy or directly update the stack.
Execute a change set in the ROS console
- Log on to the ROS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stacks.
- Click a stack ID in the Stack Name column.
- On the stack management page, click the Change Sets tab.
- Execute a change set.
- Method 1: On the Change Sets tab, find the change set that you want to execute, and click Execute in the Actions column.
- Method 2: On the Change Sets tab, click the name of the change set you want to execute. On the change set management page, click Execute Change Set.
ROS immediately starts to update the stack.
Execute a change set through Alibaba Cloud CLI
You can use the aliyun ros ExecuteChangeSet command to execute a change set.
Specify the ID of the change set that you want to execute. Example:
aliyun ros ExecuteChangeSet --ChangeSetId <change_set_id> --RegionId <region_id>
After you run this command, ROS starts to update the stack. If you need to view the stack update progress, use the aliyun ros GetStack command.