This topic describes how to reduce the number of task nodes to scale in an E-MapReduce (EMR) cluster.
A cluster is created. For more information, see Create a cluster.
- The EMR version is V2.X later than V2.5.0 or V3.X later than V3.2.0.
- The cluster is in the Idle or Running state.
- The billing method of the cluster is pay-as-you-go.
- Go to the Cluster Management tab.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud EMR console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- Click the Cluster Management tab.
- On the Cluster Management page, find your cluster and click Details in the Actions column.
- On the Cluster Overview page, choose in the upper-right corner.
- In the Scale In dialog box, click the downward arrow for Reserved Nodes or enter a number in this field to reduce the number of task nodes.
- Click Scale In.
- In the Confirm Scale-in Activity message, click OK.