This topic describes how to reduce the number of task nodes to scale in an E-MapReduce cluster.
- If the E-MapReduce version is V2.X.X, the version is later than V2.5.0. If the E-MapReduce version is V3.X.X, the version is later than V3.2.0.
- The cluster is in the Idle or Running state.
- The billing method of the cluster is pay-as-you-go.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud E-MapReduce console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides. Select the resource group as required. By default, all resources of the account appear.
- Click the Cluster Management tab.
- On the Cluster Management page that appears, find the target cluster and click Details in the Actions column.
- On the Cluster Overview page that appears, select from the Change Configuration drop-down list in the upper-right corner.
- In the Scale In dialog box that appears, click the downward arrow for Reserved Nodes or enter a number in this field to set the number of task nodes to retain.
- Click Scale In.
In the Confirm Scale-in Activity dialog box that appears, click OK.