After you modify the resource configuration of a job, you must suspend and resume the job to make the changes take effect. This topic describes how to suspend a job.
- You can only suspend a job that is in the Running state.
- Suspending a job does not clear its task status. For example, if the job you suspend is running a COUNT operation, the COUNT operation continues from the last successful checkpoint after you resume the job.
- The Suspend (checkpoint) operation is supported in Realtime Compute V3.5.0 and later. If your Realtime Compute is earlier than V3.5.0, the following error message is displayed when you try to perform this operation: An error occurred. System error: The BLINK version is abnormal. Error reason: blink version >= blink-3.5 is required, instance blink-3.4.4.
- Log on to the Realtime Compute development platform.
- In the top navigation bar, click Administration.
- On the Administration page, find the target job, and click Suspend in the Actions column.
Note The Suspend (checkpoint) operation in More suspends the job and triggers a checkpoint event. Therefore, the Suspend (checkpoint) operation takes longer time to suspend a job than the Suspend operation.